Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas day

Okay, so we’ve all established I worry too much, but old habits die hard.

Today has been a really long day; I was woken up at 3.15am. I wasn’t amused by this, basically my parents still do the whole stocking thing and I was more than happy to wait to open the presents inside it at a reasonable time, but no I wasn’t left to do that. Due to sharing a room with my sister I had to wake up as she wanted to open her presents and decided to switch the main light on in our room, she wasn’t content with just the desk lamp was she?

It was then decided we would get out of bed at 7.30am. My family don’t understand the meaning of sleeping clearly. Once those few hours passed and I was thrown out of my bed for good, we were able to open our presents under the tree. I’ve been really lucky. My sister spent a fortune on me this year, a charm bracelet and several charms, DVDs, books and a stitch teddy. My brother got me a mug which is shaped like biscuits, anyone that knows me knows I love biscuits so this is a pretty loved present even though it was one of those quirky presents you don’t expect. My mum and dad replaced my much loved Samsung mp3 player with a new one, a sandisk sansa clip mp3 player, 8gb with a memory card which was also 8gb plus the new sex and the city 2 DVD which I’ve wanted since it’s been released. Plus various other relatives got me the usual presents of bath stuff and perfume. I’m also £75 richer!

With a few hours to waste I helped set up the table and sort the house out. I also had to get ready myself which took longer than expected due to the fact my hair wouldn’t go right.

Then it was for the part of the day I wasn’t looking forward to due to my uncle and me not getting on. Although for some reason everything went okay, I worry unnecessarily. We had a really good lunch with my Nan, and Granddad as well as my Uncle. However most of the conversation was about me and Scott, which at times wasn’t really very good to be a part of due to what was being said. We played some family games and then they left.

It was a pretty good family day.

Scott did a swimming thing today in the sea to raise money for his expedition to Nepal next year and he came 7th out of 50. I’m really happy for him especially as he seemed pretty nervous before hand, but he did really well. I don’t think I’ll be doing it anytime soon though! I’ve only got tomorrow at home then I’m off to see Scott. I might not be looking forward to the long drive but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing him, it’s been two months since we’ve seen each other, I just can’t wait to be with him again.

Well only another 365 days to go till the next one.... but this has definitely been a pretty good day, and there isn’t a better way to finish it off than speaking with Scott.

Laterz xo

I love you baby, can’t wait for Monday xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment