Monday 7 February 2011

Things are on the up again!

Today had been quite a good day; I only had two lessons which was pretty good!

I had my ILP this afternoon and my media lesson was cancelled because of it so I took all of my media notes and props for nothing which annoyed me a bit. Although it has been quite good and soem of it was quite funny, we had 3 different things we had to do, our ILP interview with our tutor basically talking about college and that kind of thing like our progress and grades, then I had to do student feedback basically talking about what we would improve and what we liked about our college and then I did this careers thing which basically suggested what career you would be good at after asking you a whole bunch of questions.

Me and Scott had a really long talk about the future and what we both want to do, I now know for sure what I want to do and where I’m heading so that’s definitely good. Although Scott seems to be sacrificing something he wants so that he can see me more which I don’t want him to do at all! But as long as he’s sure that he wants to do it and that he will be happy I can’t force him to do anything, and him being happy is what I want. He’s going to Florida a week on Thursday and I’m really going to miss talking to him but I really hope that he has a good time and really enjoys it!

I’m hoping to maybe be able to go to America next summer but that all depends on my being able to get a job to be able to fund it and being able to get past the interview for it as I want to be able to do Camp America as one or the counsellors. It looks AMAZING as I will be able to combine my ambitions of going and visiting America and discovering new places with my love or meeting new people! Although it will be for 9 weeks... and I need to raise around £800/ £900 to go although the overall experience will be worth it. This is definitely motivating me to find a part time job!

clip_image001

I’ve started actually using my Vinspired account now; it’s basically a website which enables you to find volunteering opportunities more easily. I’ve logged my first hour today as well as signing up to several other opportunities. I managed to record that hour as I have signed up for this program where you e-mail or write to terminally ill children, the first person I have written to is a boy called Adam and in my free at college tomorrow I’m going to write an e-mail to a girl called Laura. It’s actually a lot harder than you would think especially trying to find the right things to say! My aim is to gain 50 hours of volunteering so that I can get my first award through the website and then I can work towards my next 50 and so on. You can also get more hours by other volunteering outside of the site as well so I’m going to look into this as well. This will look good on both my personal statement for college and for my CV for work.

Another day at college tomorrow... and it’s a long day... but things are starting to have a positive outlook now and so many things to look forward to and work towards now too!

Laterz xo

I love you xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment